A mission-driven organization, Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry (LMM) serves people in Northeast Ohio and walks with them on their road to self-sufficiency. LMM helps empower people to overcome barriers, obtain job skills, gain employment, locate safe and stable housing, access counseling and support services, stay out of prison, and secure second chances in community. Our mission is to promote shalom (peace, well-being) and justice (right relationships) through a Christian ministry of service and advocacy with those who are oppressed, forgotten and hurting.
The Vice President of Workforce Development (VP) is responsible for the overall development and management of employment related services to achieve positive client outcomes, consistent with the mission of LMM. This includes, but not limited to, vocational education, soft skill training, career assistance and supportive services. The position works with external and internal stakeholders to develop and execute innovative approaches, including viable social enterprises that create revenue for operations. As a member of the senior leadership team, the VP ensures the alignment of the workforce development department activities to the overall organizational strategic goals and mission.
Some of the duties include:
· Develop, coordinate and implement workforce development programming, with a special focus on services to high-barrier populations
· Oversee operations of employment services and social enterprise initiatives, and ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations, and accrediting bodies
· Establish and maintain key partnerships and collaborations with related service providers, government entities, and employers
· Drive new business development activity through research, partnerships and innovative strategies
· Provide external monitoring and internal communicating of workforce industry trends; Connect to markets or local and regional workforce channels
· Develop annual budget, meet financial performance benchmarks, and adjust strategy when needed
· Implement new and evaluate effectiveness of LMM’s existing social enterprises
· Execute business plans for social enterprises including marketing strategies
· Ensure maintenance of accreditation, certification and licensure standards for vocational training and workforce development activities
· Manage contracts with external vendors and oversee compliance with contracts
· Successfully manage a budget of $1.7 million+ and meet annual revenue goals
LMM offers a number of benefits for full time staff including, but not limited to: medical dental, vision, disability, life, generous paid time off and a 403 (b) retirement savings plan. LMM embraces cultural diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran, and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Join our team! Go to: https://www.lutheranmetro.org/get-involved/careers/ to complete an online application and attach a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume. The annual salary range for this position is $80,000 - $95,000. Applications accepted until position is filled.